Reviews / Interviews & Dialogues
December, 2011 & January, 2012
M. Ann looks forward to making new friends and visiting with established ones as she travels from one blessed event to another!
Saturday, December 3, 2010: Creative Insight Media - Women’s Empowerment Brunch
Event Time: 10:00am- 1:30pm
Howard Johnson Conference Center
1119 South College Drive
Newark, DE 19713
THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME Book Signing Event
Event Time: 4:00-6:00pm
Christian Mart Purple Café
***Please feel free to contact M. Ann should you or your group wish to schedule a Women’s Fellowship, Book Club Dialogue, Book Signing . Simply e-mail M. Ann at Godsauthor@mannricks.net.
Interviews (Radio and Television)
· Online Interview: Thursday, December 1st @ 10:00pm CST (11:00pm EST & 8:00pm PST). M. Ann will be joining Melissa Ewell Miller and Myra Rutlege on the Author's Circle with Adrienna Turner on blogtalk radio. Listen in…..
· Magazine/ Online Interview: Read about M. Ann Ricks and her newest release, THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME in Promoting Purpose Magazine’s Holiday edition. ( pages 36-41) Click on the link to read, enjoy and comment. http://issuu.com/promotingpurposemagazine/docs/nov_dec_mag_for_publishing_1_
· AAMBC Online Interview: M. Ann Ricks is AAMBC’s Book of the Month. Check out her interview with one of the largest African American Online Book Clubs.
· Joey Pinkney Five Minute Online Exclusive Interview with M. Ann Ricks by national book reviewer JoeyPinkney… check it out…
· Online Success Story Interview with Author, Fiordaliza Charles of the Poetic Lounge will be Spotlighting M. Ann Ricks on her the website, TPL this month… check it out and comment! http://www.thepoeticlounge.com/
· Online Radio Event on Soar for Your Encore on December 22nd @ 11:00pm with host Adrienna Turner. Melissa Ann Ricks (M. Ann Ricks) "Empowered For Your Purpose," Michele Green (RM Green) "Song of Solomon," and Prophetess Adrienna Turner "Dream Again" to understand the premises of the Dream Experience Series.. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/adriennaturnershow/2011/12/23/inspirational-show#.TvP7I1imk5M.facebook
· Get to Know more about M. Ann Ricks as she is interview by Authoress and Host Anna Black about her literary journey and newest release, THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME on AAMBC Radio on January 19th @ 7pm EST. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/aambc
· Join M. Ann on The Reading Circle on January 21, 2012 @ 7:00am with host Marc Medley on WP88.7 FM or via the webcast around the world on www.gobrave.org. She will be discussing her newest release, THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME.
· http://www.sofyhmagazineonline.com/ Check under the tab, Featured Business and you will find "Who To Lookout For” and read
THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME
****FOUR STAR REVIEW by Adrienna Turner for THE BLOOD DONEs SIGNED MY NAME in the Milwaukee Examiner:
The story starts in 1917, (World War I), and later in the current day meets the main character Honey Lamb. Honey doesn’t know God but has been in a church service and wonders what the excitement is all about—salvation. Honey’s mother allows her daughter to be with her male friends because they have money. (Personal note): I shook my head, wondering what mother does this to their daughter (or child at all), unless she is on drugs. However, the mother admits she is not a woman or a mother which I call a ‘monster’ and only to meet her own selfish needs—greed (money). Then, Honey feels it is a conspiracy that all her contacts are coming to Jesus—getting saved, could God be seeking her soul too? The ending of the story is the most powerful portion of the novel: Jesus is the vine, you are the branches. We also have to know our heredity and genealogy cause you to miss what He has for you—we cannot deny the blood that flows through our veins, nor the bloodline we come from, but with Jesus’ BLOOD we are healed, delivered, and sanctified (or saved).
“Dream 4 More (Keep us Dreaming or Begging for more….Sweet Dreams (We Loved It)!”
*****FIVE FLAMES REVIEW (STARs) by Danielle O. Taylor or So Fyh Book Reviews for THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME
Read the entire review: http://www.sofyhmagazineonline.com/so-fyh-book-reviews.html
The character Honey Lamb in the novel "The
Blood Done Signed My Name" was powerful and uplifting, inspirational. As I turned the pages, I
could feel so much of this woman as she went throughout her life
carrying the sins of her mother with her. She hated her mother
in every way possible, Honey wondered why a woman a mother that gave
birth to a child hated her so much, and did everything she could to
make her feel her pain. Honey was a woman that felt no matter what
she was destined to be like her mother, because she shared her
blood. She finally left the only home she knew to run away from her
past, but when you are destined to do a thing running is not always
the best thing, because you will find yourself back at square one
again. This novel will bring tears to your eyes, as use begin to see
the hurt and pain that she suffered, so many times people will say
that generational curses can plague families for many years until
someone, STOPS AND PRAYS!!! I believe that is why right to this day
so many people struggle with these issues, we need to fall to our
knees and let enemy know he has no power over us. Find out what
Honey Lamb runs into when she returns back to Alabama, what is
discovered as she gets of the plane. What did she loose or did she
find the answers to her past? See who was protecting her while
she was left alone in a world with no family. Did she find refuge?
Can God be the answer she needed with all that she had to endured of
I was indeed blessed by this novel in more ways than one!
I would recommend this book it will give it 5 Flames!!!!!
****3.5 STARS for THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME from Tamara Bryant-– Literary Wonders!
Check out Literary Wonders! website: http://www.literarywonders.com
THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME begins with details from a family’s past. M. Ann Ricks attempts and succeeds in detailing family issues that can affect offspring for years if we don’t remember that even with our issues, God can deliver us from all. The main character, Honey, is dealt an abusive life. As a child and tends to live her life within the shadow of the abuse even as she matures and accomplishes many of her goals. However, Honey’s greatest challenge is seeking to fill the void that only God can fill. Honey’s journey to find the peace and love that only God can provide takes her back to her past surroundings and she discovers truths that will finally set her in a direction that may set her free if she will only be willing to listen to God’s calling.